This simple guideline below will show how to make cool spring roll in a very easy way. Cool spring roll is an ideal dish for hot summer in Vietnam.
- 500g half fat and half lean meat
- 500g shrimp
- 500g rice vermicelli
- 100g liquid lard
- 200g peanuts
- 300g soya sauce
Tot taste: Beansprouts, salad greens, fresh herbs, field garlic, sugar, rice paper, dried shallot and garlic.
(Read More: How to make Bun Thang | Egg Coffe)
- Wash pork and boil until done; cut into slices. Wash the shrimp and boil until done, shell and cleave in two.
- Wash beansprouts, salad greens, fresh herbs and field garlic; soak in slightly saline water; drain; cut the field garlic into 10 centimeters pieces.
- Place everything on a rice paper; fold in one side and roll up into 7 centimeters long; put the rolls onto a flat plate. Serve cool with peanut dipping sauce.
To make peanut dipping sauce:
Ingredients: 100g sweet soya sauce; 1 clove of shallot, peeled and minced; 1 clove of garlic, peeled and minced; 15g sugar; 150ml shrimp (or meat) stock; 50g roasted peanuts, ground; liquid fat; seasoning (consisting largely of salt and MSG)
- Heat the fat in a pan; fry the shallot until fragrant; add the soya sauce and stir-fry.
- Pour in shrimp (or meat) stock and bring to a boil until soya sauce thickens; add seasoning and remove from heat.
- Divide into small bowls; sprinkle with ground roasted peanuts. Add chili to taste.