This simple guideline below will show you how to make green papaya salad in an easy way. Green papaya salad is a very popular snack in Hanoi.
- 300g grated green papaya
- 1 chicken egg
- 100g grated carrot
- 50g roasted peanut
- 100g lean pork
- 1 lemon
- 1 fresh chili, seeded and minced
- 50g lean pork paste
- 2 spoons of liquid lard
- 5g dried shrimp
To taste: Fish sauce, salt, vinegar, sugar, garlic, coriander, fresh herbs.
(Read More: Vietnamese Cooking Class)
- Sprinkle some salt on grated papaya and carrot, and knead; wash well and press to drain.
- Mix pork with salt and ground pepper; deep fry the pork until golden; leave to get cool; then cut into long strips. Pound and roast dried shrimp until fluffy. Beat the eggs to make very thin omelet and cut in long strips; cut pork paste into long strips.
- Rub roasted peanuts together with hand and blow the skin away; crush them slightly.
- Peel and mince garlic.
- Put dispersed papaya and carrot into a large bowl; sprinkle with sugar; set aside to marinate for some minutes; then add fish sauce, vinegar, minced chili and garlic, coriander and fresh mint and basil leaves, blend well.
- Garnish a salad dish with coriander, fresh herbs and chili.