Opening Hue Imperial Citadel at night is a new Hue Monuments Conservation Centre new plan to keep visitors staying longer in Hue city.
According to this plan, Imperial City will open to visitors until 10pm daily from 22 April. The extended opening hours will enable them to avoid the city’s high daytime temperatures that come with summer.
New tourism product also offer visitors an opportunity to see the splendor of the Imperial Palace at night; activities that once took place inside the Imperial City will be replicated which including musical performances, shift change rituals of the old imperial guards, religious offerings and martial arts training by the imperial army.
(Read More: Hanoi Travel Guide)
Below is list of daily attractions:
- The CHANGE OF GUARDS ceremony at Ngo Mon gate (19:00pm, 20:00pm and 21:00pm]
- Performance of Tieu Nhac-the Small Music at the courtyard of Thai Hoa Palace (19:15pm and 20:15pm)
- Training of martial art for the Imperial Guards: at the courtyard of Thai Hoa Palace (19:30pm and 20:30pm)
- Royal dance “Trinh tuong tap khanh” at Can Chanh courtyard (20:00pm and 21:00pm)
- Royal games at Can Chanh courtyard (20:00pm and 21:00pm)
- Performance of three instruments and Ca Hue-Hue Chamber Music performance at the two octagonal buildings (20:15 pm and 21:15pm)
- Performance “The Eight Immortals” at the courtyard of Truong Sanh residence (20:30pm and 21:30pm)
- Exhibition of “One Destination – Five heritages” at Ta Vu building and other exhibitions at royal palaces
- Traditional handicrafts at Phu Noi Vu Area
- Services for tourists at Truong Sanh residences, Dien Tho residences.
Admission fee is same with fee for the daytime visit.0