This simple guideline below will show how to make egg coffee in a very easy way. Egg coffee is the best drink in Hanoi which cannot find in other cities.
3 teaspoons of Vietnamese coffee powder
2 teaspoons of sweetened condensed milk
2 teaspoons of honey
Vietnamese coffee filter (small size)
A bowl (to keep the coffee warm through out filtering process)
- Heating tools: Pour hot water over filter and the bowl before dispose of water.
- Place the cup in the bowl of hot water, add 3 teaspoons coffee into the filter, even the surface with a spoon or/and shake, pour hot water just to cover the coffee.
- When the first dripping done and coffee is warmed up and raises in volume, fasten the filter further then pour water 3/4 the filter, about 1/2 cup of hot water and put the lid on. If it drips too fast, use the spoon to pin the filter-fastener further.
- Crack an egg and discard the whites.
- Put the yolk, honey and the sweetened condensed milk in a small, deep bowl and whisk vigorously until you end up with a frothy, fluffy mixture like the one above. Add a tablespoon of the brewed coffee and whisk it in.
- In a clear coffee cup, pour in your brewed coffee, then add the fluffy egg mixture on top.
- Serve hot or add ice as your preferred taste.
Here is video tutorial of egg coffee