This simple guideline below will show you how to make crispy-fried spring rolls – popular dish in Vietnamese cuisine – in an easy way.
- 300g minced pork
- 150g peeled fresh shrimp
- 4 – 5 wood ear fungus (cat’s ear)
- 2 duck eggs
- 20g translucent noodle
- 20g field mushroom (agaric)
- 300g yam bean, peeled
- 36 rice sheets (diameter of 18 – 20 centimeters)
To taste: Spring onion, seasoning (which consists largely of salt and MSG), pepper, cooking oil, raw vegetables and rice vermicelli.
- Wash the shrimp well in slightly saline water and drain; then mince.
- Wash translucent noodle, fungus, mushroom; soak them in water until soft; wash again and finely chop. Cut the yam bean into long strips (or grate); sprinkle with salt and knead; wash well and press to drain. Wash and finely chop the spring onion.
- Combine these ingredients with minced pork in large bowl and blend well; break the eggs into bowl; add seasoning, pepper and mix to make the filling.
- Place a heaped spoon of filling on a rice sheet; fold in the two sides and roll up into a tight roll 7 – 8 centimeters long. Heat the oil in a pan, deep fry the rolls until golden and crispy; remove and drain oil/ Cut a roll in half; serve hot with raw vegetables, rice vermicelli, vegetable pickles and dipping sauce (mixture of fish cause, vinegar, chili, garlic and sugar)